When asked about their visit to Argentina, many Americans smile knowingly, as if acknowledging they discovered a wonderful but somewhat secret destination. Maybe because it’s so far away, Argentina remains a bit off-radar for many North Americans.
With ELI Abroad, you can be among those “in the know.” You’ll explore this fascinating nation by interning or volunteering in Buenos Aires, the beach city of Mar del Plata, or other alluring destinations such as Bariloche, Córdoba and Mendoza.
It’s an unbeatable opportunity to learn, make a difference, beef up your resume, bring your Spanish to a much higher level -- all while living the adventure of a lifetime in this diverse, exciting country:
- Argentina’s capital of Buenos Aires is one of the liveliest, most glamorous cities in the world. This is truly the city that never sleeps - its people are too busy eating great food, drinking fine wines and dancing into the wee hours.
- Argentina’s full of opportunities! ELI Abroad can place you in top companies and impactful local organizations. Past participants have worked in fashion, health clinics, graphic design, animal rescue, soup kitchens and other fulfilling placements.
- Argentina’s up-and-down economy means prices are very budget-friendly. The exchange rate of the Argentine peso to the U.S. dollar is very favorable for Americans, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised (or shocked!) how far your money will go
- Argentina’s wine country, mountains and marine life are world-class. It’s also the land of gauchos, endless plains known as pampas, great beef and tango. You’ll never be bored.
- Argentina’s natural wonders -- from the stunning Iguazu waterfalls in the north to Patagonia’s snow-covered peaks in the south -- are among the most photographed places on the planet. Everywhere you’ll go you’ll be tempted by unforgettable outdoor adventures.
- Argentina is both familiar and exotic: Buenos Aires is strikingly European, with much of its elegant architecture shadowing French and Italian classicism. Argentine cuisine is a mixture of the indigenous and a heavy Mediterranean influence, Italian in particular. At times, you’ll swear you’re in Europe - yet one look at the country’s exotic panoramas confirm right away that you’re in a unique, special world.
Now’s the time.
Argentina’s big-city pleasures and magnificent landscapes are the place.
Experience it all with ELI.