Do you want a program that fits your interests, your goals, your stage of life? Most volunteer programs target the 18 to 22 age range. That means they offer an experience that is not appropriate for many volunteer travelers. Of course, they are for-profit companies looking for volume, and the 22 and under market is huge. ELI Abroad is a non-profit that seeks out legitimate volunteer opportunities for the individual. We recognize that our model will never appeal to the masses, but as a non-profit we have a mission to fulfill, not a bottom line.
What sets us apart?
- Individualized placements. What do you want to do? We can tailor placements to fit your specific goals.
- Choose your work environment. Work with other international volunteers, or perhaps be the only international volunteer working with locals? Your choice!
- What kind of accommodation do you want? Live with a local family? Live with other volunteers? Live in a hotel or guesthouse?
- Would you like to include language learning? In most locations we can arrange this. Spanish? Swahili? Tamil? Nepali?
- Would you like to add activities? Drumming and dance in Ghana, trekking in Nepal, rafting the Nile in Uganda, safaris in Kenya, cooking classes in Cambodia, kayaking or surfing in Nicaragua? Our coordinators can help you arrange endless exciting activities. You choose. It's your interests that count.
Meet our volunteers:
David, 74, volunteered with youth in Nepal. Read More
Aimee did research for her M.A. at a women's organization in India Read More
Jennifer worked with wildlife in Brazil. Read More
Steve worked at a home for single mothers in Vietnam Read More
Mereline volunteered in both Uganda and Nepal! Read More
For more information CLICK
Need suggestions? CLICK